Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 1, Thing 2, Pointer from Lifelong Learners

I sort of enjoyed the Powerpoint on Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, but felt a little bit like I was in a slow learner class. The pace was really slow and the information basic and often elementary.

I think the item I find the easiest to observe is item 6, Use Technology to Your Advantage. Working in a high school library in a school that strives to be technologically on top of things, I am almost always scrambling to learn more in order to answer student questions or suggest ways they can improve projects. I have several sites (for example Atomic Learning and Noodletools) that I regularly use for information. When Atomic Learning fails me, I search the net for a tutorial that might have the desired information.

The hardest factor for me is item 3, View Problems as Challenges. When I am really busy, which is most days at school, and a problem comes up I very often view it as a nuisance and time-sapper and just want it to go away. If I would instead pause and think, "I am about to learn something that will make life easier for me and for my students," it would make my day more pleasant. I will strive to face my inevitable technological problelms with a new attitude this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment