Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 9, Thing 21

Sometimes I felt like I was struggling through a maze in this exercise. I think I may have downloaded software I didn't even need, but that is no problem. I ended up using my Itunes and subscribed to three podcasts, one of which I added an RSS feed onto GoogleReader.

I tried to watch the Yahoo: What is a APodcast video but the link was a dead one. I then just went on to the Educational Podcast Directory and looked around a bit. I tried the Instructional Technology link but didn't find anything there to interest me. I then went under English Language Arts and found a fun one called Librivix, which is an audiobooks subscription. I subscribed to it and listened to part of one reading of a story in a beautiful British voice! This is the one to which I added an RSS feed on GoogleReader.

I then moved over to Podcast Alley and searched for book reviews--the list was heavy on comic book reviews. I tried a few of their top podcasts and subscribed to a couple that I may or may not keep--I just wanted to practice the subscribing. I did find a Twilight podcast that would be very interesting to a number of students at NPHS. The last two entries in it were a comparison of the movie and the book of Twilight and a preview of the New Moon movie. I will have to point that out to one particular student that we in the NPHS library call Amy Twilight because of her serious obsession with the series.

The whole podcast world is fascinating, if a person just had more time to listen to them! I think podcasts would a nice addition to my library wiki--another thing to explore in my days that are already to full at school.

1 comment:

  1. Ah... time is everything.... If I had another 3 hours a day I don't think that I could keep up with all the interesting and beneficial web 2.0 tools, let alone the ones that are just plain fun. I have fixed the link for the class page. thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete