Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 7, Thing 17, Sandbox Wiki

This was a fun and informative assignment. I got several really good ideas from the posting. I did not make a posting myself, because I haven't come up with something exciting and new. Ideas for my NPHS library wiki I gleaned include:
VoiceThread book review connection on my NPHS wiki--I actually thought of that during our VoiceThread assignment, and was reminded of it on this wiki.
Every four years (new student body) I do a Guess-the-Baby contest where I have staff submit baby pictures. The idea of having staff design an avatar and submit it instead of a photo sounds like a really fun alternative!
Creating a blog for a contest where I would post questions and students could submit answers--I could use trivia around topics such as Banned Books, authors, book titles, and any number of seasonal subjects.
I always do a big Banned Books week display. I loved the idea for students to design Banned Books trading cards using Flickr toys. I may just put that into play this fall.

There is unlimited room for creativity and fun. I wish there were enough hours in a day to do it all justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment