Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Week3, Thing6, Flicker Mashups and 3rd Party Sites.

This was fun! I played with Montager which constructs mosaics from Flickr pictures. The database was huge. When I typed in daisies thousands of possibilities came up. It showed a small picture of a daisy and then the mosaic was of that picture. Then I could click on any of the tiny images in the mosaic and it would bring up a mosaic of that image. The possibilites were endless and varied and beautiful.

From there I went to FlickrTools and explored the many possibilities including mosaic maker (I like mosaics) and the jigsaw maker, but I spent the bulk of my time on FX, which transforms photos with special effect like sepia, negative, swirl. I turned my granddaughter into a monster with implode. FX could be used so nicely in making an album by turning some pictures into sepia or black and white. There was also a portrait effect, which made the photo into a painting. It was all really fun and I know I will use it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how old your grandkids are but sending them a picture of you to play with could be a lot of fun as well.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete