Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week 8, Thing 19, Library Thing

For some reason my text didn't show up with my LibraryThing widget so I will do it again. I was already a member of LibraryThing, having joined in the fall of 2007 and then never adding to my original five books. I am also a member of Shelfari and Goodreads, both at the invitation of friends. Those two I have managed to keep up a little better. I really like what I see now that I have explored LibraryThing more. The discussions could be a lot of fun. It was interesting to see the statistics on my book listings. Not a surprise that The Kite Runner had 21,885 members and 754 discussions and that The Life of Pi 18,082 members, but I was amazed to find that Losing Julia only had 163 members and The Book Thief only 8070. It is interesting when books I considered good, and in the case of The Book Thief, great, don't show up that way statistically. I look forward to viewing other students book shelves via LibraryThing.

No comments:

Post a Comment