Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 2, Thing 3, Setting up my Blog.

Setting up the blog was easier than I anticipated. With templates and all, Blogger is incredibly easy to use. I think I spent the most time designing my avatar--in fact, I know that took the longest! I had a nifty one of me in jeans with a rake standing in a garden in front of a cottage. Then I looked again at the directions and saw that I was supposed to be in a library setting. The new one is much more boring than the first one because when I was gardening the rake moved. I hope to play with the blog in the future to make it more unique and interesting, but for now I think I will just forge on with my lessons. I can see that this is a good forum for exchanging information and think it could be a useful tool for book discussions and for librarians and educators to gain new insights and ideas from colleagues. I look forward to reading the blogs of other students in this class.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging has become so common now that the set up is really easy. Even 3 years ago, some of the set up was much more involved. There are also sites that will let you personalize your backgrounds: http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
    and
    http://simplychicblogs.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-cute-free-blog-backgrounds.html
    are two that I have used.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete